Registration is now open for Better Start's third annual Conference on Thursday 26th October at the Blackpool Winter Gardens. It is aimed at everyone who works with children, pre-birth up to age four, in Blackpool.
This event will be chaired by Professor of Child Protection, Institute of Clinical Sciences, University of Birmingham Professor Julie Taylor , and will feature speakers and workshops around the three key themes of:
- Community and Parenting
- Child Oral Health
- Behavioural Activation and Trauma Informed Care
It will provide a unique opportunity for Early Years Professionals to hear from leading experts in the field of early child development, giving a national and international perspective on local practice. Speakers include:
- Dr Crispin Day (King's College London)
- Eric Rooney (Deputy Chief Dental Officer, NHS England)
- Alan Stein (University of Oxford)
- Julie Taylor (University of Birmingham)
- Mickey Sperlick (University at Buffalo)
- Helen Martin (Glasgow University)
Our workshops will explore how innovative practice is being implemented in Blackpool.
Exhibitors at the event include:
Places are limited and priority will be given to Blackpool Early Years professionals.
Please share this event with your Early Years colleagues and via Facebook and Twitter. #BBSInnovation
Looking forward to seeing you there!